FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What does IBDI stand for?
- International Ballroom Dance Incorporated. We are a ballroom dance club.
Is this a non-profit organization?
How do I join the IBDI dance club?
- Fill out an IBDI membership form and submit it at the next IBDI function.
How much is the membership fee?
- $10 pays for 1 (calendar) year membership. We recommend you start your membership at the beginning of the year (January). All annual memberships expire at the end of each (calendar) year.
What’s the advantage of joining IBDI?
- Joining our club provides you discounts to our ballroom dance classes and social events.
Do I need to know how to ballroom dance before I can join?
- Absolutely not! We invite anyone interested in partner dancing. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced level dancer, we welcome you.
What types of ballroom dance classes does IBDI offer?
- We have experienced and knowledgeable dance instructors that teach International Ballroom, American Ballroom, and Club Latin styles of partner dancing. We have 8 different dance classes available every 7 week class term.
Where and when are the dance classes held?
- We hold our classes at the Ala Wai Palladium ballroom. Classes are held on Monday nights, with the first classes starting at 5:45pm and the last classes ending at 9:00pm.
How much does each class cost?
- For active IBDI members, it’s $7.00 for each 7-week course. That’s one dollar per class.
Do I need to bring a dance partner with me to the classes?
- Although it’s more convenient to bring a partner with you, it’s not required.
Is there a dress code for IBDI classes and social dance events?
- Yes. No shorts, tank-tops, or slippers are allowed in the ballroom.